Tuesday, May 22, 2007

How old are you?

So my search for an apartment continues. I did finally get a hold of the guy who had the house that I wanted to look. It turns out I did have the wrong number so Lavance is somewhere confused as to who this guy is who wants to live with him. Anyways, I took a look at the house and I may end up living there, but I am still exploring other options.
One of the other options that I was looking at was a house a little further south that I saw an add for at the Institute building. It said to call James, so that is what I did. Well, James seemed really friendly and told me about the place so I told him I would come over. On my way over, he was giving me directions and asked how I found out about the place so I told him. So he said, "Oh, good, my sons friend put that up." In my head, I was like....wait, what...your SON'S friend? He then asked how old I was and I told him 24. He thought that was good because his son and his nephew who also lived there were around that age, but he was 45. At this point I don't really want to go to the house anymore but I feel bad so I went anyways.
My friend Melissa went with. (when I say my friend Melissa I say that as opposed to "one of my friends" because she is really the only friend I have here. But one is better than none.) Anyways, he shows us around and tells us about his divorce but how he and his wife are still really good friends and his kids like to come over and watch movies. Then he asks Melissa questions about dental school (which she is attending) for like 10 minutes. He was really nice, but I can't begin to describe how surreal this whole situation was. The thought of me moving in with a 45 year old man was just too weird for me. I told him I would get back to him, but I already know I'm out on that. Hopefully he'll find somebody and maybe James and I will hang out again.

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2007 at 11:31 PM , Blogger core said...

that's bootleg.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home