Saturday, May 5, 2007

Welcome to the Desert

It seemed fitting that it was raining Thursday morning when I drove out of Provo. I don't know if that is because I was sad to leave or if it was because Provo was sad I was leaving. Either way, if my life was a movie, which it may very well be after I invent the hydration machine from 'Back to the Future II,' it would make sense to have it rain on the day I leave my home of the last three years. The rain turned to snow somewhere around Beaver but cleared up around Panguitch.
The drive wasn't horrible and I got into my temporary apartment without too much trouble. (Once I figured out that I was holding the parking gate card backwards everything went smooth from there.) It was nice to have my little sister with me to keep me company. Our two stops Thursday night were Wal-Mart and a drive by the temple. We learned in both these places that Mesa is a great place to play the 'Are they Mormon' game although one of those two places was a little easier to be sure.
Friday we went clothes shopping for my first day of work and also drove around looking at apartments and where the wards in the area meet. There are probably about ten singles wards in Mesa so I have a lot of visiting to do over the next couple of weeks. Lots of sacrament anyways. So, so far things seem pretty good. Sunday is going to be huge when I get my first look at the dating pool and then it is the first day of work on Monday. The fun is just beginning.

2 Comments:

At May 7, 2007 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Kaylene said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At May 7, 2007 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Kaylene said...

Brian- I have a couple of things to say:
a. I am pretty mad we haven't even talked once let alone every 3 minutes or so as previously planned
b. I am glad you are blogging
c. I love what you said about it raining in Provo while you were leaving. I hope it does the same for me. It is so poetic.
d. Please let us know how the dating pool is looking for you.
e. I kinda still wish you lived here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home